Custom CSS

Home Forums General discussion Custom CSS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andy 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

stu_rader
    Participant

Hi everyone & Andy.

I’m pretty excited to learn more in here. I’m an analyst/operator, not a coder – but I generally figure things out via research and Q&A, and I’m not a big complainer in the Parallelus theme forums… . I have & my clients have purchased multiple copies of all the last 3 themes offered on ThemeForest.

So, baby steps. I have built a new options page in Lift-Off called “Custom CSS” as a textarea. It’s populated in the  menu and appears normally. I’ve noted that in the options builder, there is the alias – random text generated, i.e. field-5h6Dw9iRLfwN for instance. Is it better to leave this alone? As a test I changed it to my options name… field-custom-css and doesn’t break anything. Is this ok?

I’ll leave it to one question at a time for now and in closing I hope my participation is acceptable here. I’ve been on several large scale beta’s in the past, and while my background is not programming many people come to me because I make new stuff work the way the original designer/programmer intended.

Have a great day,

Stu

Andy
    Keymaster

Welcome to the Runway forums Stu.

The alias field is there for you to customize so by all means enter the name you prefer. It is probably best set a custom name so it is easier to remember and reference.

We’re excited to have everyone involved and make Runway great. I’ve been dealing with some things related to theme updates and other stuff that we got behind on a bit. I’m getting back to testing and reviewing more Runway updates so there will be some updates an new releases in the next few weeks.

There have actually been a number of updates in the last two weeks, including adding WP multi-site support and a new extension for creating custom post types, taxonomies and meta options boxes. We also have a contact form builder (very basic), sidebar generator and some other little extras for the Extensions repository that are going to be ready in a few weeks. I just need to merge a bunch of updates and test them before they get published.

Grant

@stu_rader Yea as Andy said you’ll want to rename the alias to something like custom-css so you can then call the data for that field into your template file with something like this:

<style><?php get_options_data(‘design-settings’, ‘custom-css’); ?></style>

Grant

@Andy Very excited to see those new features!

stu_rader
    Participant

Thanks Andy, I know you have a dramatically busy support network, business and schedule.  You have a good crew with all they are tasked to do, and great products to support.

… and thanks Grant, much for me to learn.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  stu_rader.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  stu_rader.

Andy
    Keymaster

I’ve actually finished a bunch of the things on my list and in the next hour should begin merging some of the new updates in the Extensions repository. Hopefully I can post the latest Runway early next week and then more Extensions a few days later.

I’m happy to be completing the theme updates that were pending because it means I’ll have more time to work on Runway again. It’s not a case of no updates being completed, just me not having time to test and approve them. That will change once the project evolves a bit and I can have a dedicated project lead on Runway who will oversee these things.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.