Design settings theme customizer

Home Forums Bug reports Design settings theme customizer

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andy 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Le Dave

When creating a new theme option, for example a container, and check the box for theme customizer, it does not appear in it. Are we talking about the WP frontend customizer, right?

Andy
    Keymaster

That should be working. Just last week we were looking at this for a different issue, but there weren’t any problems with areas not appearing. I think we might need just a little more information to track this one down.

Did you add a field to the container also so there was something to be shown? I’m not sure if it will show an empty container.

Le Dave

Thanks for your answer Andy!

What I tried to do for example, is to tick the theme customizer checkbox of the Logo container already created with the theme which did not work but after your reply I did try to create another container with the content of the logo one and it worked, go figure why it won’t with the original one. But although it works as it shows the options in the theme customizer, it is actually missing all the labels text and the select file option return an error and force the page to reload.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Le Dave.

Andy
    Keymaster

The missing labels is exactly what we were looking into in the previous post, where I mentioned we had a different issue last week. We were not able to replicate the missing labels issue, but I think it’s a problem specific to this version of Runway.

One thing that might be happening is the default theme is WAY out of date now. We’ve done so much updating to Runway and the core options structure that I really need to do an update to Liftoff. It’s on my list for something that will probably happen in the next 2 weeks. We’re pushing hard to make some big progress to Runway over the next month so look for things like this to change.

What happens if you create a new child theme and add options? Do the “customizer” fields still have no labels?

Le Dave

I really appreciate the work you’ve done so far and I see a big potential to Runway, I like the idea behind it and I will be watching it closely. I am myself a theme developer with my own front-end admin framework but I strangely getting lazy and looking for a better way of to improve the dev process, and managing all theme in one place like it does with Runway seems to way to go.

Oh, to answer your question, yes same with a new child theme, no labels.

Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks for the follow up. I’m going to test this now. I’m thinking this might have been a problem specific to this beta version. When we tested it with the latest “nightly” release last week it seemed to be working.

We should be ready with a new release of the beta and a new public repository on Github any day now. If I could just get myself around to doing a review of the code and an “about” page it would be live already. :)

Thanks again for the feedback and I’ll see about getting an updated beta published until we can have that git repository available. Keep the suggestions coming.

Le Dave

Hey Andy,

Any update on this bug?

Andy
    Keymaster

It seems to work in the latest version so it was specific to the currently available beta. I’m pushing out 3 big updates in the next two days for other projects but as soon as that’s done I’ll be returning to Runway issues and getting a new beta published.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.