Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive'

Home Forums Bug reports Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive'

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andy 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Steve
    Participant

When attempting to install an extensions I get the following error: Fatal error: Class ‘ZipArchive’ not found in /home/webdev/public_html/wp-content/themes/runway-framework/framework/includes/extensions-manager/object.php on line 457

I assume it’s something server-related like not having the ZIP extension enabled?

Andy
    Keymaster

That’s good to know. We’ll need to write in some conditional checks for this once we determine the exact cause of the error.

Andy
    Keymaster

This has been updated in the Beta 3 release. You shouldn’t get the error message any more.

Steve
    Participant

On a fresh WordPress install, when I upload Runway and then click ‘Activate’ I am taken to this page: http://runway.domain.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=themes&activate-default=activate

This error message appears: Fatal error: Class ‘ZipArchive’ not found in /home/webdev/public_html/runway/wp-content/themes/runway-framework/framework/includes/themes-manager/views/themes-list.php on line 13

If I then go to Downloads > Directory and click ‘Install’ on any of the available addons, I get a message similar to this:

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/webdev/public_html/runway/wp-content/uploads/download_dir/layout-manager.zip) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/webdev/public_html/runway/wp-content/themes/runway-framework/framework/includes/download-directory/admin.php on line 14

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/webdev/public_html/runway/wp-content/themes/runway-framework/framework/includes/download-directory/admin.php on line 15

Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in /home/webdev/public_html/runway/wp-content/themes/runway-framework/framework/includes/extensions-manager/object.php on line 457

I’m not sure how to debug this, let me know if you’d server access to play around.

Andy
    Keymaster

@Steve

Make sure you don’t have any errors showing up in the notice at the top of the admin. It should let you know if there are any missing folders or permissions not set properly.

I’m not sure about the weird URL and zip archive error. We did some testing on this and made updates but we will have another look. I’ll let you know if we need server access. Thanks.

Andy
    Keymaster

Also, can you tell us a little bit about your server environment? It might be significant.

Steve
    Participant

No errors and permissions are all good. Reports page returns no issues. Other feautres seem to work fine without any issues.

CENTOS 5.2 i686 virtuozzo
    WHM 11.38.1 (build 15) cPanel
    Default PHP Version (.php files) = 5
    PHP 5 Handler = suphp
    Apache suEXEC = on
    Apache Ruid2= off

Steve
    Participant

Okay, so when I go to Runway > Themes and click on the blue ‘Packages & Downloads’ button, I receive this message: You must have ZipArchive class

So I assume that is some sort of PHP module that needs to installed? I’ve never heard of it before I can’t find much info online. If it’s a requirement or something that has to be turned on let me know and I’ll have my sysadmin look at it.

Steve
    Participant

My system administrator was able to install the ZipArchive module. Everything now appears to be working fine.

I’m not sure if the module is common, but it’s obviously required to use Runway in any capacity so a better error message might be required.

Andy
    Keymaster

That’s good to know. I think we should probably check for this package existing as part of the Runway tests.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.