Installing Runway

Home Forums Documentation Installing Runway

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andy 4 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jeffw
    Keymaster

Here’s the documentation I’ve prepared for installing Runway.

I’m posting it here because the official Runway documentation site is still in development.

It’s not carved in stone so feel free to point out anything that I have missed, or anything that is incorrect or not clear.

Installing Runway

The Runway framework is installed in the same way that you install any WordPress theme. This can be done in two ways: you can upload the Runway zip file using the WordPress theme upload facility, or you can upload the Runway folders and files using an FTP app.

Installing via WordPress

1. Login to your WordPress admin.
    2. Go to Appearance > Themes and click on the Install Themes tab.
    3. At the top of the page click on the Upload link.
    4. Click on the file input box – it might say Browse… or Choose File – then locate and select the Runway zip file.
    5. Click the Install Now button.
      • WordPress will now upload, unpack and install Runway. When finished you will be told that the theme installed successfully.

Installing via FTP

1. Extract the files from the Runway zip file. This will create a folder on your computer named ‘runway-framework’.
    2. Login to your FTP server and navigate to your WordPress ‘wp-content/themes’ folder.
    3. Upload the ‘runway-framework’ folder from your computer to the ‘wp-content/themes’ folder on your server.
      • Runway is installed once the folder has finished uploading.

Activating Runway

Once Runway is installed you can activate it from Appearance > Themes by clicking the Activate link for Runway. Immediately after activating Runway you will see the “welcome” dialog asking whether you want to activate the default child theme; go ahead and click the Activate button. Once you have a feel for the features and functionality of Runway you can create your own child theme.

Next I’ll be working on an overview of Runway’s features and functionality.

Andy
    Keymaster

Thank you Jeff! Keep these coming.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.