Standalone theme shows Runway

Home Forums Bug reports Standalone theme shows Runway

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andy 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Le Dave

Hi Andy,

First of, thanks for the new release, that was pretty quick and fixed a lot of issues.

I have a tried to create a standalone theme but when I activate the new theme, the Runway framework is still there.

Let me know.
    Dave

PS: Also when you activate the plugins installer, it seems you left the Visual Composer and Revolution slider inside as well as the sample file. I’d be careful regarding the licence agreement not to leave those 2 inside.

Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads up on the extensions folder. That should be empty to start. I built the ZIP file from my development files. It seems the new theme I’m working on was running off that same folder and so the extensions were there. It’s updated now. I suggest you delete the entire contents of the folder, “extensions”, and use the download directory to pull the ones you need. The folder in the ZIP file will have out of date and theme specific code. It could cause all kinds of weird and unexpected behavior.

The original design of Runway was for the two menus “Runway” and “Downloads” to be always present unless you used the Admin Menu Manager to hide or remove them. I think we even built in some code to make it not possible to remove them in certain situations so that users couldn’t disable the tools they needed in a child theme environment. Since those days, nearly a year ago, we’ve moved forward and no longer need these two menus in standalone themes, but we’ve never updated the code.

Here’s what I’ve been doing in my themes. After I export the standalone theme, I’ve been opening the file, “framework/load.php” where you can comment out lines 76 and 78:

// Runway menu
    add_menu_page( 'Runway', 'Runway', 'administrator', 'framework-options', 'do_nothing', FRAMEWORK_URL.'framework/images/menu-runway.png' );
    // Downloads menu
    add_menu_page( 'Downloads', 'Downloads', 'administrator', 'downloads', 'do_nothing', FRAMEWORK_URL.'framework/images/menu-downloads.png' );

That should hide those menus. I’ll go ahead and add a condition right now to the latest version of Runway so it can hide by default in standalone themes.

Andy
    Keymaster

FYI – this is the code I’ve added to the file for only showing Runway menus in the child theme if you want to update your copy.

if ( IS_CHILD ) {
    	// Runway menu
    	add_menu_page( 'Runway', 'Runway', 'administrator', 'framework-options', 'do_nothing', FRAMEWORK_URL.'framework/images/menu-runway.png' );
    	// Downloads menu
    	add_menu_page( 'Downloads', 'Downloads', 'administrator', 'downloads', 'do_nothing', FRAMEWORK_URL.'framework/images/menu-downloads.png' );
    }

Le Dave

Hey Andy,

Thanks for your fast reply, much appreciated.

I’ll test it out right now and if anything I’ll let you know.

Andy
    Keymaster

FYI – Runway is now on a public Github repository:

https://github.com/parallelus/Runway_Framework

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.