Warning: chmod()

Home Forums Bug reports Warning: chmod()

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steve 4 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Steve
    Participant

I received the following errors messages when I went to the reports page and clicked ‘fix all issues’.

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/webdev/public_html/runway/wp-content/themes/runway-framework/framework/includes/report-manager/object.php on line 80

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/webdev/public_html/runway/wp-content/themes/runway-framework/framework/includes/report-manager/object.php on line 80

Before clicking fix all, the following 4 issues were found:

Pages dir (/home/webdev/public_html/runway/wp-content/themes/asterisk/data/pages/) is exists.
    Pages dir (/home/webdev/public_html/runway/wp-content/themes/asterisk/data/pages/) is writable.
    Downlads directory (/home/webdev/public_html/runway/wp-content/uploads/download_dir/) is exists.
    Downlads directory (/home/webdev/public_html/runway/wp-content/uploads/download_dir/) is writable.

When I clicked fix all, as I said, the error appeared. However it does seem that the 4 runway issues were fixed.

Andy
    Keymaster

It sounds like the server user doesn’t have access to either create new folders or set permissions. How is the web server user configured? Is it a local install or a remote server, and what platform (Windows, Linux, etc.).

I had noticed a while back that folder permissions were attempting to be set to ’777′ and I switched those all to ’755′. Sometime later I noticed that for some of the newer features the permissions were at ’777′ again but I didn’t have a chance to update it or submit an issue. Some servers have restrictions on ’777′ permissions, and for good reason. That’s why I was changing these to ’755′. My guess is that has something to do with this.

Try searching the code for “777″ and if you find it replace all instances with “755″ and that might just fix this issue.

Steve
    Participant

I will have a look.

I know the VPS was hardened by my host (given I only use it for WordPress websites).

755 for folders
    644 for files
    600 for wp-config

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.